It has recently been brought to our attention that there is a fraudulent phone number circulating the internet claiming to be Uphold Customer Support.
At this time, Uphold does not offer customer support by phone.
To be clear: There is no Uphold customer care support number.
Additionally, our support team will only communicate with members via an Uphold approved support channel (Zendesk, Live Chat Support via our FAQ page, One Hub, Facebook, and Twitter @Upholdinc) and will never ask for account numbers, password information or direct you to a website to download software to enable remote access.
If you think you have called a fraudulent support phone number, or believe your account has been compromised you will need to:
- Contact our support team, and under the “What can we help you with today?” drop-down, select “Security – Fraudulent Phone Number (Phishing Attempt)”
- Update your password
- Update your authentication app settings
Here Are The Steps You Take To Update Your Authentication App:
- Sign in to your Uphold account.
- When you sign in, you’ll be prompted to configure your new Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) method. You can also set up 2FA from your account settings (under “Security”).
- If you’re a current Uphold member using Authy, you’ll be asked to enter the 7-digit verification code from Authy to begin the setup process.
- Download your preferred authentication app.
- Scan the QR code or enter the key provided in the Uphold web or mobile app to set up a new account in your authentication app.
- Once your Uphold account is added, return to the Uphold web or mobile app, enter the 6-digit code from your new authentication app, and click ‘next’ to verify.
Please note, it is important to ensure that any URL or email address that you use to find our support team, contact or communicate with us is under the uphold.comdomain.
You can see legitimate search results to Uphold support below:
We are working with law enforcement and search engine partners to address these fraudulent sites.
As always, Uphold takes extensive measures within our systems to ensure our members’ accounts and funds remain secure.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our support team.
The Uphold Support and Security Teams