The best digital wallets make it easy to trade cryptocurrencies but many are vulnerable to hackers and other scams. On the other hand, offline wallets (also known as cold storage) can be difficult to maintain and nearly impossible to use if you want to easily buy and sell cryptocurrencies and convert to fiat at will.
Finding the right wallet involves balancing security of your assets and funds with enough flexibility that you can make agile decisions in case of market fluctuations. The best bitcoin wallet is one that combines high-level safety and security with ease of use and access.
You want a wallet you can trust and that lets you efficiently trade in the top cryptocurrencies on the market including bitcoin, ethereum, dash, litecoin, and XRP. Luckily, Uphold provides users with exactly that.
Protecting Your Portfolio with a Digital Wallet You Can Trust
At Uphold, we are serious about security and have industry-leading technology and processes to ensure the safety and security of all personal and financial information on our system at all times.
We are known throughout the industry as one the most secure cloud-based digital money platforms. We regularly execute Security Audits and Penetration Testing of our own systems to check that the security controls in place are highly effective in protecting your personal information and money.
Our mission is to make it as simple and straightforward as possible for you to buy, hold, send, receive, and exchange a value across 30+ supported currencies including cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin,ethereum, litecoin and more!
On Uphold, you can:
- Buy, hold and sell eight of the most dynamic cryptocurrencies on the market, including bitcoin (BTC), litecoin (LTC), ethereum (ETH), DASH, XRP, bitcoin cash (BCH), bitcoin gold (BCG), and basic attention token (BAT).
- Send and receive value to and from anyone with an email address, instantly, securely and for free.
- Convert your value between cryptocurrencies, fiat money, and commodities instantly and escape volatility!
- Hold your money in a secure platform backed by a full reserve.. A full reserve means your money/value is never loaned out to anyone or exposed to risk, your money is safe and accessible to you 100% of the time.
- Add and withdraw funds to and from your Uphold account in a variety of ways, from direct bank transfers to funding with cryptocurrency addresses.
How to Set Up A Wallet on Uphold
Signing up for an Uphold account is free and will give you more ease, security, and confidence when buying, selling, and holding bitcoin and other currencies.
When you sign up you will need to submit your date of birth and your mobile phone number. We use Authy 2FA service to ensure your account remains secure. Authy will send you a text message with a security code that you will then enter on the sign-up page to complete registration.
Now you’re ready to set up your digital wallet on the dashboard of your account by following these simple steps:
- To get started, click “Add Card/Currency” and select the card you wish to use in your wallet. You’ll be prompted to name your card and select the currency type.
- Each time you add a card, you can find it on the dashboard to add funds later according to your investment strategy.
- You can customize, favorite, and add new cards whenever you like.
- Your cards are visual representations of your holdings in different forms of currency and commodities (BTC, USD, GBP, etc.).
- You can also send or receive money to or from anyone with an email address, anywhere in the world, check your balances in real-time, and review your recent activity.
Trade between 8 Cryptocurrencies with Uphold
Each card in your Uphold wallet empowers you to access your funds in addition to trading between different stores of value as new opportunities arise. Your cards make it easy for you to convert your money between traditional currencies like the U.S. Dollar of Japanese Yuan and cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, litecoin, ethereum, and more!
On your Uphold dashboard you can move hold and move money between cards depending on what cryptocurrencies present the best opportunities at the moment. Let’s say you think bitcoin is overvalued and ethereum is undervalued on a particular day. Just transfer funds between your BTC and ETH cards to take advantage of the discrepancy while it lasts.
You can also transfer money from sources outside your Uphold account to increase your wallet’s crypto holdings at any time. You can even set up an automated diversification strategy that capitalizes on volatility using our Heleum partner app.
With so many benefits, it’s clear to see why our members love Uphold!
We make buying, holding, converting, and sending value between the 30+ digital and traditional currencies we support easy for anyone to understand and anyone to do.
As always, your feedback is important to us. Feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]
This article should not be used as or considered investment advice. If you have questions regarding cryptocurrencies, tokens or any financial investments please consult your financial advisor.