Starting today, (December 21, 2017) our members will be among the first to easily access and transact in Bitcoin Gold. BTG came into existence on October 24, 2017, as a result of a hard fork, and we announced the plan to support BTG in our October 21, blog post. Holders of Bitcoin have been granted the commensurate number of BTG coins to those BTC they possessed at the moment of the fork. Uphold members can now buy, hold and convert BTG within their wallets.
How to enable Bitcoin Gold in your Wallet:
- Buy BTG instantly within their Uphold Wallet
- Convert BTG from any of the 33 supported currencies in their Uphold Wallet
- Hodl BTG
- Send BTG from external wallet into Uphold
- Send BTG to anyone with an email or Uphold account for FREE
Pricing and Fees:
- 100% FREE to send and receive within Uphold
- 1.95% fee is applied to all exchanges
- BTG’s price index is determined in real-time directly from external exchanges, which are separate to and independent of Uphold
- Visit our FAQ to learn more
We make buying, holding, converting and sending Bitcoin Gold easy for anyone to understand and anyone to do – just as we’ve done for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash and any of the 30+ other currencies we support.
-The Uphold Team